This European journey was in the height of the summer season, and spanned a period when daytime temperatures were in the high 30s and humidity around 95%.
Europe had been visited on several precvous occasions, but never in mid-summer, and this trip showed how cruel the climate could be. Melbourne was ih midwinter, with daily maxium temps around 10 degs, and the fierceness of the weather was huge, particularly in Italy and Slovenia. Leaping from 10 degs in Melbourne to 35 degs in one day was very tough!
This Post is an attempt to set down some experiences, anecdotes and events encountered during the three weeks, including a few obscure aspects of travelling!
PART 1 - FLIGHTS
|Over Western Australia, Sky is nearly black!|
These were with Singapore Airlines, starting and fiishing at Melbourne International Airport.
- Melbourne to Singapore - Airbus A350-900 - 7hrs
- Singapore to Milan - Boeing 777 - 12hrs8mins
- Vienna to Zurich - Embraer E90 - 1hr15mins (Helvetia Airlines code-shared)
- Zurich to Singapore - Airbus A388 - 11hrs57mins
- Singapore to Melbourne - Airbus A350-900 - 6hrs52mins
|Between Changi and Melbourne. Computer school!|
|Economy Class A350-900|
|Flight Screen, over Western Australia|
|Time to Melbourne!|
The masses escape in a conga line. We see security guards with sub-machine guns, then head to find out the Gate for our next flight.